Founded in 1995 at the University of Udine (Department of Languages and Literatures, Communication, Education and Society) by Professor Angelo Orcalli.
Mission: preservation and promotion of musical and audiovisual heritage.
- re-recording and digitisation of historical audio documents;
- restoration and publishing of recorded music;
- support for electronic and mixed music performances.
Strands of action:
- Large-scale digital preservation of audio documents;
- Critical editing of electronic and mixed music.
Part of the core expert group of the Music and Sound Archives Community of PrestoCentre (http://www.prestocentre.org).
Part of the international network GALA - Global Academy of Liberal Arts (http://gala.network/).